✆ + 261 34 25 121 06 ✉ email@example.com
SEO remains the most reliable marketing method known on the internet. Although it is necessary to recognize the exploitable platforms in terms of digital marketing, using natural referencing within the framework of an inbound marketing strategy is among the best assets to make oneself known and to build a notoriety on the web.
If you spend any time at all surfing the internet, you’ve probably heard of ChatGPT, this revolutionary content generation software. Can we use ChatGPT to improve our SEO strategy? Can we trust this tool? What are its limitations? How to use it in SEO? The answers without delay.
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is a content generation tool that runs on artificial intelligence developed by OpenAI. After 7 years of work on their solution, the most refined version finally appeared in November 2022, running under the chatbot GPT-3.
Generally speaking, it is a tool that can answer questions and hold a conversation with a person with the ability to formulate natural syntaxes.
Apart from the fact that this program can ‘talk’ in a coherent and ‘natural’ way, it can also do the following things:
- Writing articles
- Write a poem
- Solve a mathematical equation
- Doing programming
Its greatest specificity is the fact that this program analyzes, on top of words and expressions, emotions. In addition, it is capable of memorizing previous conversations and takes them into account to continue generating content.
Why use ChatGPT in SEO?
Of course, SEO relies on a system of databases on the Internet in relation to the content published on the web and the behavior of Internet users towards this content, but also independently of this content. Asking ChatGPT to create a winning SEO strategy for you may seem like a rather ambitious request, but this tool may surprise you with its ability to scan all available information in order to offer the elements you need.
At the risk of making you want to get rid of your web editor, it is important for you to know that this tool is capable of writing articles for the internet with an incredibly natural tone. It is programmed to mimic the type of speech you are used to publishing and to take into consideration the perceived emotions of your target audience. So, in terms of generating relevant text for your marketing, you are served!
5 limitations of ChatGPT in SEO
It seems, from the information stated above, that using ChatGPT is one of the most powerful tools for SEO. However, as with all good things, this tool does have its limitations when it comes to SEO.
1. ChatGPT needs detailed instructions to identify the topic
As the tool works on the basis of a list of keywords linked to a database of information available on the entire Internet, it is important to note that all data collected and closely related to the topic asked are taken into account. This means that if you do not specify your instructions, the program may deal with content that you did not initially want.
Because of this, your instructions need to be as detailed as possible and embody exactly the plan you want to appear in the final content. Also, you will find that this tool still needs significant human intervention to ensure that the end result is fully in line with your audience’s research intentions and expectations.
2. The content generation corpus is not recent
ChatGPT, with its chatbot GPT-3 signed OpenAI was released in November 2022. It has therefore been trained from content and publications prior to its release year. If you want to deal with historical content or generalities that date back to before this period, you will be able to access an excellently provided database. But if the subject of your publication is current affairs or something else, you can expect to be disappointed.
3. ChatGPT content is detectable
As you can imagine, techies everywhere didn’t wait for ChatGPT to come along to look at creating tools for detecting AI-generated content automatically. In particular, university professors are the most concerned, as students are likely to hand in chatbot-generated content for their exams and dissertations. Also, there are tools that can guess when content is from ChatGPT.
Moreover, the writings of this program contain a discrete stamping that will let you know that it is a content generated by a computer program. Because of this, you have to be clever and careful to use ChatGPT in SEO.
4. Content deprecated by search engine algorithms
As you probably know, search engine algorithms value unique, authentic and human-like content. If the texts produced by this program are plagiarism-proof (such as Plagiarism-checker or Duplichecker) – because, indeed, ChatGPT produces only syntactically unique content – the bots that manage the search engine algorithms easily detect AI-generated content and this may result in a penalty against your site.
5. Experience is missing in automatically generated content
ChatGPT can mimic any (or almost any) style submitted to it for content production. However, even if the tone and the expressions treated by the chatbot are ideal, it is necessary to consider Google’s EEAT policy.
What does EEAT mean? It is an acronym of filters that Google has put in place to qualify the content of a site that will appear at the top of the search results to the request of an Internet user. EEAT stands for Experience, Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness and can be defined in French as Expérience, Expertise, Autorité, Fiabilité. If authority and reliability are not a problem for this tool, it is in the experience and expertise that it lacks in SEO. Indeed, ChatGPT does not have a specific field of expertise and its knowledge is purely statistical. In terms of experience, it is clear that it is unable to embody the experience and observation that a human can bring to an article.
Can we use ChatGPT content for SEO purposes?
To answer the question directly, it is YES! ChatGPT and its content can be used for natural referencing of a site. What you need to understand, however, is that it cannot be used without human intervention. Otherwise, you expose your site to SEO penalties that you may regret. And as already mentioned, there are a few tips to apply in order to use this tool in an optimal way without exposing your reputation.
We know that the answers ChatGPT provides are quite accurate when the instructions are as well. We also know that the content generated by ChatGPT is unique and tailored. In addition, it is able to reproduce the desired tone. But most importantly, due to its technical nature, ChatGPT is a master of on-page, off-page, and various tags that you will need. In addition, its HTML capabilities make it easy for you to gain visibility.
5 tips for using ChatGPT in SEO
To make the most of ChatGPT’s ability to help you with SEO, you can use the following tips and test for yourself.
1. You can use ChatGPT to get relevant keywords
In the prompts where you make your request on ChatGPT, you can express the following requests:
– Find keywords: you will enter your main keyword or search field
– Generate long tail keywords: from the keywords you have in your possession
– Find ideas for content to write
– Improve your titles to get more clicks: you can enter the list of titles
– Find titles from one or more keywords, or from the content
– Inserting keywords in already written paragraphs
2. ChatGPT to organize your content
ChatGPT can lighten your SEO work in the following cases:
– You want to translate keywords so that the translations are optimized
– You want to classify the keywords according to the search intentions
– You want to save time by asking the end to group the keyword lists by category, in order to extend the length of the keywords
– Your content needs correction for a better user experience
3. Exploit the scheduling functionality of ChatGPT
You can feel free to ask ChatGPT to create lines of code to help you optimize your site content in a technical way.
– It provides the structure of the article so that it is more optimized for search engines based on relevant keywords.
– You can ask ChatGPT to create the meta description of your blog post.
– The tool can create text formatting tags to highlight keywords.
– You can ask to get specialized words for certain areas if you need to write for a niche audience.
– ChatGPT will generate the questions for your FAQs and write their code.
4. Manage interactions with the target audience masterfully
Apart from generating purely technical content, you can create custom content for your audience based on the chatbot’s suggestions:
– ChatGPT can analyze your audience: you can find the sentiment associated with certain phrases.
– The tool will create your Hreflang tags if you publish in several languages.
– Ask for the generation of a relevant caption for the images and videos that you will use in your publications
– Social networks: this program can write optimized publications for your profiles.
– You can even program it to respond to your customers via email.
5. Use ChatGPT to optimize your off-page actions
If your options are limited by various regulations regarding SEO in content, you can rely on ChatGPT’s technical knowledge to optimize your website.
– This tool helps you shorten your URLs for more convenient use.
– When publishing your articles or pages, it will suggest a more optimized URL for better visibility and readability.
– You can request the creation of an optimization brief for a new web page.
– ChatGPT can provide a site map that you will copy in your sitemap section.
– The tool can suggest an optimal internal linking strategy.
What you should know about ChatGPT in SEO
The most important thing to remember is the caveat that search engines like content that is unique (a criterion that ChatGPT meets), authentic (again, check!), authoritative (and yes, the breadth of ChatGPT’s database makes this possible), expert (this criterion is lacking in the content generated by this program), and experienced (again, search engines prefer good old-fashioned live action).
However, technical tips abound to get the most out of this tool. He knows how to program, his database is multilingual, and his knowledge of SEO is extensive, so much so that you can even ask him questions about natural referencing.
As you weigh the pros and cons of using ChatGPT in SEO you can always rely on the expertise and experience of a team of SEO specialists. NEWAKEY offers SEO services to help businesses improve their visibility on search engines and increase their traffic. Our SEO services include keyword optimization, optimized content creation and backlink management. With our services, businesses can ensure that their websites are well indexed by search engines and appear at the top of results when people search.